EFFECTIVE DATE: 03/15/2021
WHO WE ARE
We collect and use information about our web site visitors and those that interact with our products and services in order to manage your relationship with AMI and to better serve you.
HOW WE PROCESS AND HANDLE DATA
The information we collect from you depends on the nature of your relationship with us or your interaction with AMI’s products, services, websites and marketing events and communications. The information we collect may include both Personal Data and Other Information, as detailed below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Data, such as deriving geographical location from your IP address and combining website browsing data about your usage of the AMI services with your name. If we combine Other Information with Personal Data, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data.
You are not required to share the Personal Data that we request. However, if you choose not to share such information, in some cases we might not be able to provide you with the AMI services, allow you to access certain specialized features of the AMI services or be able to effectively respond to any queries you may have.
AMI will never collect more of your Personal Data than is necessary for the intended purpose of processing that information. Some of the uses of Personal Data listed in sections 2, 3 and 4 may not be mandatory and can be controlled by you.
Please see the YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS section below to learn more about how you can control the information AMI processes about you.
SECTION 3: AMI WEBSITE(S) (ACTIVEMINERALS.COM, ACTI-GEL.COM, ACTI-PLEX.COM)
A. What information we collect through our Sites and how we collect it
a. Information you provide to us
We collect information about you through our websites, online forms, online chat and email.
When you communicate with AMI, we will store all communications we receive unless otherwise requested by you. If you are submitting information on behalf of another individual, you are responsible for obtaining appropriate consent, including consent to share and transfer any Personal Data across borders.
b. Information we collect automatically
Log data. As with most internet technology services, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Sites and record it in log files. This log may include IP address, usage data, browser type, the date and time the Site were accessed, and language preferences cookies (if enabled).
Device Information. AMI collects data about devices accessing the Sites, which may include the type of device, device settings, application IDs, and unique identifiers. Whether we collect any or all of this information will depend on the type of device used and how it has been configured by you.
Location Information. We receive data from you and other third parties that helps us to track an approximate device location. We may use, for example, an IP address detected by your browser or device to determine device location. We may also collect information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
Third Parties. We use and permit select third parties to use automatic data collection tools to collect information using website tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, embedded URS, pixels, widgets, buttons or other similar technologies. These can be disabled by you.
B. How we use that data
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To improve the operation of the Sites;
- To engage in research and development of AMI’s product offerings;
- To conduct ordinary business operations such as sales, marketing, support, education and training;
- To engage in corporate reporting and management;
- To recruit employees for AMI;
- To conduct market research;
- To maintain a safe and trusted environment for AMI employees, customers, Site visitors and members of the public; and
- To conduct other similar uses pertaining to the AMI Sites.
- How we share thatdata
- Sharing with third party service providers. We retain third party service providers to manage or support certain aspects of our business. These third party service providers may be located globally and may provide services to us such as website hosting, data analysis, advertising and marketing services, data hosting, live-chat and helpdesk services, providing information technology infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services. Our third party service providers are contractually bound to safeguard any Personal Data they receive from us and they are prohibited from using such Personal Data for any purpose other than to perform the services as instructed by AMI.
- Complying with law / protecting legal rights. We may be required to disclose your information to comply with applicable laws (including laws outside of your country of residence), regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement requests, including national security or other law enforcement requirements. Additionally, if we reasonably believe that it is necessary or appropriate, we reserve the right to use or disclose your information to allow us to pursue available claims or remedies and protect our legal rights, property or the safety of our employees, users or others, to the extent allowed by applicable law. This includes exchanging information with companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud detection.
AMI maintains control of the data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with certain marketing activities, such as in-person meetings, email communications, webinars, conferences, and events. We and our third-party service providers may collect information in the following ways:
A. What data we collect through our marketing activities and how we collect it
a. Information you provide to us
In addition to information submitted to AMI through our Sites, for example when you register for a webinar, subscribe to our email newsletter, or download content (such as AMI whitepapers), we may also collect information from you offline, such as when you attend our events in person or during phone calls with sales representatives.
b. Information we acquire from a third party
To enhance AMI’s ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we may receive information about you from third parties, such as public databases, partners, lead generation services, and social media platforms. We also collect information from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records such as customer enrichment services, improve the quality or personalization of our services to you and to verify your identification in instances of suspected fraud or identity theft. In each instance we will only accept information from third parties where those third parties can demonstrate they have received all necessary consents to share such information with us.
B. How we use that data
We may use information that is collected through our marketing activities in the same way we use information collected through our Sites, as well as for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if required;
- To tailor marketing to your interests, or to recommend products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To contact you with business, marketing and sales communications that you have agreed to receive such as newsletters, announcements, and special offers, or to notify you of upcoming events;
- To update and improve AMI services and product offerings;
- To engage in corporate reporting and management;
- To conduct market research; and
- To conduct other similar uses pertaining to the AMI’s Marketing Activities.
- How we share thatdata We may share information that is collected through our marketing activities in the same way we share information collected through our Sites, as well as for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you regarding a Tradeshow. We or our partners may communicate with you about tradeshows that we participate in. These communications may include information about the tradeshows’content, logistics,, updates, or requests for additional information related to your event registration. After the tradeshow, AMI may contact you about the event and our related products and services.
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AMI relies on the following reasons for processing Personal Data:
- Consent (where you have given consent)
We process certain Personal Data based on the consent you provided when you submitted your information. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time, such as consenting to receive marketing communications.
- Contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, i.e. to deliver the AMI product or services you or your organization have purchased).
- Legitimate interests of AMI or any third parties.
Legitimate interests include enabling us to conduct internal business services, such as audits, mergers and acquisitions, reporting, and improving our products and services. Personal Data will only be processed on these grounds when doing so does not outweigh your rights.
Where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object at any time.
- Compliance with laws (where we are required to process information to comply with applicable laws)
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
At AMI, we understand the importance of information, and the need to keep Personal Data secure. We have implemented and maintain technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse, alteration, accidental loss or destruction.
We regularly review our security procedures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of all data both online and offline. These security procedures and measures vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology but include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls and information access authorization controls. AMI has implemented an incident response plan, with a company protocol we follow in the event of any data breach. We take steps to regularly monitor our systems for vulnerabilities and to ensure that we only share information with those who need to know it.
However, no website or internet transmission is completely secure. While we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or a data breach will never occur, and we cannot warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of any password(s) and account registration information uses with AMI and verifying that the information we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any information that we share with a third party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
We require that our third-party service providers and partners agree to keep the information we share with them confidential and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements we have in place with them. AMI has implemented internal policies to ensure that such parties are required under contract to maintain privacy and security protections which are at least as consistent with our own policies and practices.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
AMI is a global company and your information is stored on regional servers depending on your location and the locations of the servers of the companies we hire to provide services to us based on contractual requirements.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION AND THE PRIVACY SHIELD
WHAT IS NOT COVERED IN THIS POLICY
AMI Partners who provide implementation and other solution services may also gather information and you should consult those other parties’ privacy policies as appropriate as they may be applicable to you. Please also note that in using our services, we may provide links to other websites to directly provide information relevant to your use of AMI products. We will provide notice of when we do this. Any interactions you have with these websites are beyond the control of AMI. The Site provides links to websites and access to content, products and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, partners and sponsors of the Site, and such third party websites, content, products or services are governed by the respective third party’s website terms and conditions of use.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect your information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of the AMI services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
Your choices. In accordance with applicable law, you may be entitled to exercise your rights and choices as follows:
- Account settings. You may update your profile, your account and any related information at any time to ensure that information is up to date or delete inaccuracies by.
- Devices and browsers. Some of our mobile services use your device’s location information. You can adjust the setting of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information.
- Communications from AMI. We may use your information to communicate with you by email, including sending you transactional or marketing emails. AMI enables you to opt out of marketing communications. Some communications you may receive from us are not considered marketing emails, such as communications related to product, sales transactionsand (where permitted by law) quality assurance surveys. Such transactional emails are not subject to general opt-out. Some additional communications you may receive from our partners may also not be subject to general-opt out, including product alerts, updates, and other notices related to partner status. You can tell us to stop sending you marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of AMI’s marketing emails or updating your preferences here. If you have any issues unsubscribing, you may contact us directly.
Additionally, depending on where you are located, you may have other rights.
EUROPE and CALIFORNIA
AMI adheres to applicable data protection laws in Europe and California which, where they apply, provides you with the following rights:
- Data Access. You may request access to the Personal Data we hold about you and request that we edit or delete them.
- Data Portability. You are entitled to request copies of Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that this information be transmitted to another service provider (where technically feasible).
- Deletion. You may be able to have your Personal Data deleted or erased.
- Correcting inaccurate or incomplete information. We maintain a process to help you confirm that your personal details remain correct and up-to-date.
- Manage your Information. You may choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners. Please let us know by contacting us.
- Withdrawing consent. If the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time as to future processing.
- Objecting to or restricting use of Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your Personal Data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Privacy relating to minors
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, AMI does not promote or market the AMI services to minors and we do not knowingly collect information from minors as defined by applicable law. If we discover we have received any Personal Data from a person under the age of 13 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us.
UPDATES TO THE POLICY
Written inquiries may be addressed to our General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer at:
Active Minerals Inc
34 LovetonCir, STE 100
Sparks, MD 21152
Phone: +1 (410) 825-2920
Fax: +1 (410) 321-1268